Thursday, August 13, 2015

Heart Thoughts



I look at this place and it's where my heart wants to be.  It's where I remember the feelings and emotions of looking out, seeing the Himalayan mountains, and feeling small.  And God feeling big.

Why was it so easy to see the love of Jesus in this place?
Why is it so hard to love American people who seem to have everything they could ever want?
Why does my drive to love others seem less?
Why does Jesus seem different?

I know Jesus is the same.  But to be perfectly honest, sometimes it feels like He was different over in Nepal.  He would give me so much love for other people, so much energy to give without expecting anything in return.

Now I look out over a crowd of Christians here at home and my heart begins to judge instead of love.  I doubt motives instead of testing my own.  I see pride instead of potential.  I see sinners instead of a Savior.

Now I have to ask myself the question "Who changed?  God, or me?"

God doesn't change.  I stake my life on that fact.  
So then it's me.  I realize I've let circumstances change my view of God.  I've let busyness crowd out the quiet and I've let my own pride stand in the way of Jesus having His way in my heart.

So my daily reminder is this - Seek Jesus.

Seek Jesus and listen.
It takes a daily commitment.  Daily saying yes to Jesus; seeking Him.
He longs to pour His love over my soul and watch it bubble over into the lives of others.  He's waiting for me to humble myself before Him and forget about myself.  He is the same.

It's focusing on the unseen things that creates visible change.

Love never fails and God's love never changes.

2 comments:

  1. "Love never fails and God's love never changes." Amen. You're exactly where you're supposed to be right now. Have you seen "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young? If you haven't check it out. Its been a small consistent reminder for me to look to Jesus even when life tries to crowd Him out. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had similar sentiments after returning from the prison ministry. It seemed so essential to be constantly looking for methods and opportunities to tell people about Jesus when behind bars. A few weeks after the crusade ended, the feelings of urgency waned, especially as I sensed aloofness and apathy amongs the audience. In prison, they were either very receptive, or very antagonistic - but genuine in both instances. Out here, there's a casualness and fraudulence that is both depressing and infectious.
    You gave the answer above: I need to base my attitude on the unchanging Chrust and His message rather than in the vicissitudes of my various audiences and situations. Then I shall be as consistent in my fervor as Jesus is in His compassion for every person.
    Great post, Miss Anna!
    - Arnie

    ReplyDelete